Thursday, December 13, 2007

The First and the Last

This football season started out so great, we win from behind in OT. Then came the fires of tribulation. We lost and we lost, we had kids get sick and break their hands. We had to forfeit because of grades. Yesterday was our last game. Game time 3:30, at 3:30 the other team was not there. The refs said I will give them 15mins. Shady way to win, but I will take it, we needed something positive that day. They show up. I try to get the team ready. We kick the ball off, we won every coin toss this year I believe. They walked down the field to score. Great. We have a long day ahead of us. On the next kick off to us. Something happens, we block, we cut, we do everything right and we score on a kick off return. Can't mess up the play if we just score on kick offs. The rest of the first half we stop them cold. We score again and then again on a interception run back at the end of the first half. The kids are pumped, they are ready to play. Second half we get the ball and we are driving. We are within 40 feet from the goal line. I call a play, the play breaks up, my qb scrambles, right then left. We have an open player in the end zone, He throws it, its a lame duck, they intercept it. They then drive down and score again. Later on in the game time is running down, we are up. I put my smallest player in as a 4 back. I started to use the I a lot this year, and will use it next year, I like some of the plays I can run from there. Back to the game, I call I fake 22 dive 42 dive. My 2 back is my best runner and a big kid. I want him to create a hole. My 4 back grabs the ball and runs right up the middle and no one gets him, except himself, he trips and falls. Next play, same play. This time he doesn't trip and scores a touchdown. It was a proud moment. Just a week earlier and every week before he wanted to quit. He wasn't having fun and it was hard on him. I think he enjoys the game much more now. I am very excited about next year team. It will be a lot of hard work and a lot of working hard, but we could have a good team. If it doesn't rain.

No comments:

Red Wings

Banner 2 Banner 1 go!
    follow me on Twitter

    What is Your Style of Worship?

    Trailer for a New Book Series that is AWESOME!