Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Response to Focus on the Family Bulletin February 2008 Article in the Real Life Section; The Love That Matters by Carl Lindskoog

The Love That Matters

I'm thinking of two lines. The first line is that of middle-school boys standing on their numbers for the start of another gym class. Two popular jocks are choosing up teams, and when there's no one left in line but you, the message is clear. In the words of a popular song, "You're no good. You're no good. You're no good. Baby, you're no good!"
The other line, coming earlier in life, is formed by paper sacks taped along the bottom of the blackboard in Mrs. Snarkley's fifth-grade class. It's Valentine's Day, and kids are asked to drop pretty little valentines into other people's sacks. Reaching into yours, you find one from the teacher. And then there's ... nothing. Meanwhile, you watch Beautiful Barb and Dashing Dan pour out their many valentines for all to see.
If I were a parent again, would I try to spare my kids from such pain? Of course. But we can't always succeed. And there's a prized rose among these thorns. Ultimately, we all have to learn that only One Person's love matters. And He keeps singing to each of our hearts, "You're so good. You're so good. You're so good. Child, you're so good!"
~ Carl Lindskoog



So what is the big point? The final line is spot on. It was actually one line that ticked me off. "...try to spare my kids from such pain? Of Course." That one little line make me stick my nose up to this whole article. I am so tired that we need to be walking on egg shells for every person in the world. We need to make sure their feelings are not hurt. We are destroying our youth. Rejection is the building block of succeeding. There is something into telling someone they are not good enough to be on a team. There is nothing wrong saying someone has to work harder. The person than has two choices, work harder or give up.

I have been rejected many times, and have been told I would not be good enough or that I would make it. I could have given up and cried to my mommy, but I didn't. I set out to prove the people wrong that said I could not do it. People said I couldn't graduate from college and now I am on my path to a master degree. People said I couldn't teach in a self-contain classroom and now I have taught every grade level 3-8th. Don't let other people say you can't do anything, but when they do, don't cry not fair. Work Harder.

The main point is still the same, God's love for us will never falter, and even though we are not GOOD Enough to be on God's team, he picks us first. God Bless...

No comments:

Red Wings

Banner 2 Banner 1 go!
    follow me on Twitter

    What is Your Style of Worship?

    Trailer for a New Book Series that is AWESOME!