Thursday, April 3, 2008

Stop Loss

"Stop Loss" the movie should had taken advice from its own name and stopped the movie a few minutes before they did. Because, they loss me from supporting it. Going in I wanted to see it but fear its message. During the film, besides the poor acting, it was winning me over. Then came the so called facts in real life. I know there is a special word for what it is called, but can't remember. Anyways, it became very clear if not before this was nothing but a jab at President Bush. If you didn't get it when one of the characters told his commanding officer to, "screw the President," you would get it when it talks about how the President sent 30,000 soldiers back into Iraq. Does war suck? yea, I have had friends and family fight in Iraq in the last five years. I know it would be a big downer if you thought you were done but had to go back. The movie also shows how the horrors of war can effect and affect families when they come home. The post war syndrome (I believe that is what it is called) is something that needs to be addressed. The movie was full of one liners, that were actually funny at parts. The most touching part of the movie was during a funeral scene (one of the soldiers shot himself), just too close to my grandfathers death. It hit me once Taps started to play and the presentation of the flag. I wish it wasn't so political, otherwise, it would be an ok movie. Either you will agree with the movie or find it a little troubling.

No comments:

Red Wings

Banner 2 Banner 1 go!
    follow me on Twitter

    What is Your Style of Worship?

    Trailer for a New Book Series that is AWESOME!