Monday, March 24, 2008

The Last 20 Days

Today is my younger brother, Tommy, Golden Birthday, he is 24 now. What an OLD MAN!

A lot has happened including two separate visits from family and friends. First Great Grandma and Grandpa came in for the weekend before they head back to Michigan. It was a great visit. Trevor though was a little sick and not himself. More recently Katie (Trevor's Godmother) and Mike came to visit for a few days. Again, it was a great visit. Even though Katie is pregnant she played ball with Trevor in the house, Mom (Becky) got involved and well lets just say she knocked over our wedding picture (maybe she is saying something?) We went to Hollywood one day, going to Universal City Walk and eating at Bubba and Gump's. Always good food! We then went to the Mall. It is part of the Kodak Theater which is next to the famous Chinese theater that has all the handprints. There are always unique people in Hollywood, that day was no different. It was different that we had a sudden hard rain fall for a little while. Another night Jim came over and we played Hearts.

I also started my Graduate classes, two weeks done, six more weeks to go for my first class. It has had it bumps as everyone in the class is getting used to E-Learning. I still do not like how the online tests are set up. The professor liked one of my journal review that he suggested I start a blog for the class that would outlive the class and live forever out in the World Wide Web. CUW Ed Admin Blog. I have been enjoying the class very much, but now with school starting up again I will see how it goes. Which brings to the last point of my Easter break which was good until now. My NEW laptop died. Saturday night, I turned my homework in for the week, power down. Sunday I went to turn it on and nothing! :( I took it to Best Buy, they need to ship it out, luckily it is still cover under warranty. I did had to pay (my choice) for them to do a back up grabbing any files they could before they shipped it. It is funny that they charge 100 dollars for a back up. If I was more religious on my back ups at home I wouldn't have to worry. I am about 2 months behind at home. The worst part is my programs. Most likely I will lose all my installed programs. I am also going to lose all my emails for school. I am not happy about that. I had few people I needed to email back. If this happened two weeks ago I would be as upset, but wouldn't be as mad since School starts up again tomorrow! I hope to get it back as soon as I can!

Wishing everyone had a great Easter!

P.S. this is something I forgot to say when I originally wrote this. My girl's basketball team won the Championship this year. On the second day we had to play three games back to back to back with the last two against a team that beat us on Day 1 (It is double elimination). In day two our first two games our Defense was stellar in the first half, not giving up a single point. The second half of those two games let my bench to play a lot. In the Final game, we got off to a bad start. I think the girls were a little tired. We were down 8-0 at one point and 8-3 at half time. We got it tied up 11-11 about half way in the fourth and won 14 to 11.

No comments:

Red Wings

Banner 2 Banner 1 go!
    follow me on Twitter

    What is Your Style of Worship?

    Trailer for a New Book Series that is AWESOME!